Saturday, August 8, 2009

Did you know it was crappy poetry day again?

The clouds outpour their selves, unexpected
but for a doorway, I'm unprotected.
A newspaper, someone's book or their notes
cover their precious hair. Careful thoughts run.
I slide my notepad in my pocket, blank
leaves inside, because what I have written
is less important than what I will.
March, 2009

<<>> 
I saw it once, years ago
where earth dies in salted foam.
Worlds away, in corn-soaked fields,
but I can hear it still. 

The pastures, they are greener there. 
Those hills are elder bones. 
I live apart, and yet I dream
my home back to those stones
July, 2009


I suppose I'll keep working on these. Neither rhyme nor meter is correct. But this form is the best they've yet been in, and I'm not good at poetry. At all. 

1 comment:

  1. They're not bad, the idea is there, and I can feel the imagery you are thinking of, but yeah the rhyme and meter need work. You might not want to rhyme at all. Free verse is kind of a cop out in my opinion but its a valid form of poetry. I do it all the time. :D

    Good luck. I like the concept here, it would be cool to see if you can finish these out.

    ReplyDelete