Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Where Do Zombies Go When They Die?

31 Jan 2010
I dreamed a strange one this time. Yeah, I was working on the phone (I've internalized this job now, to the point where it shows up in dreams. Terrifying). Rob Zombie called – introduced as Robert Cummings. We'd barely begun when I heard a sudden loud bang. Not like a gunshot, less sharp, like he hit his head on something heavy but hallow. I heard a wet, squishy crunch rather like a body crumpling to the ground, and a great noise when the phone dropped. I proved quite unable to get his attention, so had to figure out how to call 911... for a different city and state.

I remember yelling at the operate for Cedar Rapids dispatch that she could send cars to California if she wanted, but the guy's gonna be dead likely as not before they finish their road trip. When I did talk to a local-to-him operator, I had a terrible time convincing them this wasn't a prank, but they did send a cop car to 'investigate.'

Naturally, the dream didn't bother telling me if the poor guy lived or not. It just sortof ended when I'd done everything I could.

2 comments:

  1. Was a midnight snack of cold pepperoni pizza responsible for this? Most of mine are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, it probably was. *Goes to get a pizza dinner-snack* I like messed-up dreams.

    ReplyDelete